Tory Lanez has filed an appeal three months after he was found guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion, according to TMZ.
In the court documents obtained by the outlet, the “Say It” rapper’s criminal defense lawyer Jose Baez claims his client’s conviction should be thrown out because “irrelevant evidence” was presented in the trial.
Baez claims that a shirtless photo of Lanez — whose real name is Daystar Peterson — holding a gun to his chest was used to “underscore to the jury his client had a fondness for weapons.”
The lawyer also alleges that it was a “reversible error” for prosecutors to threaten to present the “Jerry Sprunger” emcee’s rap lyrics to the jury.
Additionally, Baez believes it was wrong for the jury to have heard an 80-minute interview prosecutors had with Megan’s former BFF, Kelsey Harris, who was in the vehicle with both rappers the night of the shooting.
Harris’ interview was hurtful to Lanez’s case — even though she later recanted most of what she said.
Page Six has reached out to Lanez and Megan’s team for comment but did not immediately hear back.
In December 2022, Lanez was convicted of shooting Megan — born Megan Pete — in the back of her feet following a verbal altercation after leaving Kylie Jenner’s house in July 2020.
He was charged with one felony count each of assault with a semi-automatic firearm (personal use of a firearm) and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. He was also convicted of an additional felony count of discharging a firearm with gross negligence.
During the trial, the “Hot Girl Summer” emcee, 28, took the stand to recount the events that led up to her horrific foot injuries.
For more Page Six you love …
Megan claimed Lanez, 30, fired several shots at her while shouting “dance, bitch!” after an argument began over their sexual relationship and respective music careers.
“I’m in shock. I’m scared,” the Houston native recalled during her testimony. “I hear the gun going off and I can’t believe he’s shooting at me.”
She also claimed that Lanez offered her and Harris $1 million each to stay silent about what transpired.
Following the verdict, Megan’s attorney, Alex Spiro, told Page Six, “The jury got it right. I am thankful there is justice for Meg.”
Lanez maintained his innocence throughout the trial and previously pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The rapper is facing 22 years in prison for the charges and a “strong likelihood” that he will be deported back to Canada.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on April 10.