Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s eviction from Frogmore Cottage doesn’t surprise at least one royal expert.
“Harry and Meghan provoked him [King Charles] with Harry’s disgraceful book and the interviews he gave,” Tom Bower told Page Six exclusively in a recent interview, referring to Harry’s memoir, “Spare,” and his appearances on “60 Minutes” and “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”
“I mean what did he expect?” the “Revenge: Meghan, Harry and the War Between the Windsors” author continued. “Harry wanted the royal family to come on bended knee begging for forgiveness and he’s completely crossed the spectrum, he’s in the mad wilderness of deranged victimhood.”
In his memoir, the Duke of Sussex, 38, accused his father of branding him a “spare” when he was born, not hugging him after Princess Diana died and constantly joking that he wasn’t Harry’s biological father.
For more Page Six you love…
And the California-based royal also claimed that he actually has enough material for another book and only cut out large swatches to spare his family’s feelings.
“There are some things that have happened, especially between me and my brother, and to some extent between me and my father, that I just don’t want the world to know. Because I don’t think they would ever forgive me,” he said in an interview with The Telegraph back in January.
On Wednesday, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed to Page Six that they had been asked to vacate their English abode by Charles. The monarch had reportedly put in the moving request just one day after Harry’s controversial memoir hit bookstores.
To rub salt into the wound, sources tell Page Six that the 74-year-old is planning on having another family member move into the five-bedroom home that sits on Windsor estate — his disgraced younger brother, Prince Andrew.
Although Harry and Meghan have lived in California since 2020, the incoming King has not offered the couple another royally-owned home, which means that if they want any furniture or knickknacks, they will have to ship them back stateside.
The “Revenge: Meghan, Harry and the War Between the Windsors” author theorizes that the release of the “Frogmore story shows that Harry has to have no role in the upcoming coronation and he’s not welcome.”
“If he and god forbid she came then they’d be the focus of attention and all the attention should be on Charles.”