Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s son and daughter’s titles have been updated on the royal website.
The change to Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet’s names took place early Thursday morning, showing them as sixth and seventh in line to the throne, respectively.
“The children’s titles have been a birthright since their grandfather became monarch,” the Duke and Duchess of Sussex subsequently wrote in a statement (via Daily Mail.)
“This matter has been settled for some time in alignment with Buckingham Palace.”
One day prior, the couple’s spokesperson confirmed to Page Six that the little ones would be granted the prince and princess titles in the place of “master” and “miss.”
However, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, were officially given the titles last year before Christmas.
The news comes on the heels of Lilibet’s christening in California — which King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla did not attend despite being invited.
For more Page Six you love …
A royal insider called the “timing … strange” on Wednesday, noting that Harry, 38, and Markle, 41, “wanted to use the titles for their children as convention dictates” when Queen Elizabeth II passed.
“After the queen died [in September 2022], updates were made to the royal website,” the source said, referring to Prince William and Kate Middleton’s titles changing from Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to Prince and Princess of Wales.
“Despite their birthright, Archie and Lilibet were not given their titles,” the insider continued.
“If the titles had just been updated, along with everyone else, there would be no story.”
Harry and Markle stepped back from their senior royal duties in January 2020, making their exit official in February of the following year.
Since their departure, the California-based couple have made headlines for slamming the royal family, from their bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview to their Netflix docuseries.
Harry also didn’t hold back in his “Spare” memoir, which was published in January.
Following the book’s release, the former military pilot and his wife have been invited to Charles’ coronation in May.
“I can confirm The Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty’s office regarding the coronation,” the pair’s spokesperson confirmed last week.
“An immediate decision on whether The Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time.”
However, Harry and the “Suits” alum, who were evicted from Frogmore Cottage last month, have yet to decide.
A palace insider told us that they have the “upper hand.”
The source explained, “Whatever happens, Harry and Meghan will always be the ones in the headlines … whether they come or they stay at home in California.”