Luann de Lesseps appeared uneasy while reading a print copy of Page Six’s report that the “Real Housewives of New York City: Legacy” is “dead.”
An eagle-eyed Page Six spy saw the original “RHONY” cast member grab Monday’s copy of The Post while at New York City’s Match 65 Brasserie on the Upper East Side on Tuesday afternoon.
“She was definitely on edge,” the insider told us.
The source noted that while she was reading the story, she was “chit-chatting away” on her phone while “pacing back and forth at the bar.”
De Lesseps — who kept her look casual in glasses, a black hoodie and white coat — continued talking on the phone while chowing down on a steak before finishing up and leaving for “another appointment” in the afternoon.
De Lesseps didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for comment.
On Monday, Page Six broke the news that talks to do the spin-off show — that we previously reported would include de Lesseps in the cast — had “officially collapsed.”
Sources told us that Bravo had rescinded its offers to the former “Real Housewives” and had “no plans” to air the hotly anticipated revamp.
However, insiders emphasized that fans should “never say never” and the hit show could come back sometime in the future — similar to the “Real Housewives of Miami’s” return.
De Lesseps also confirmed that negotiations had “stalled on the series” to People on Tuesday.
“I always said, ‘Never count out the Countess,’ but in this case it’s, ‘Never count out the New York City Housewives,’” she told the outlet, adding that she has “no doubt they’ll find a way to bring the OG’s and beloved New York City Housewives back together again.”
This outlet was the first to report that Bravo had “hit pause” on the reboot due to contract negotiations.
Insiders close to the ladies told us the network was lowballing them, while those close to production claimed the “Housewives” thought “they should make what the cast of ‘Friends’ made in their heyday.”
Among those who were expected to come back were de Lesseps, Kelly Bensimon, Sonja Morgan, Jill Zarin and Dorinda Medley, as Page Six had reported back in November.
Original cast member Ramona Singer exclusively told us shortly afterward that she does “not want to do the show any longer.”
In the meantime, Bravo has been focusing on filming a total reboot with a new cast that includes former J. Crew president Jenna Lyons and other New York City hotshots, like Erin Dana Lichy and Ubah Hassan.